Fingal County Council (FCC) are accepting applications for funding of streetscape and shopfront-enhancement projects in Fingal under the 2021 Town and Village Streetscape Enhancement scheme, an initiative funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD).
Commercial, residential and unoccupied buildings in the following towns are eligible:
The following areas in Rush (outlined in the image below) are eligible for applications.
Our Rural Future is the government’s five-year strategy for to revitalise rural Ireland and includes a commitment to upgrade and enhance shopfronts and street facades in rural towns and villages.
This initiative is funded by the DRCD through the 2021 Streetscape Enhancement scheme, which is an additional measure introduced as part of the Town & Village Renewal Scheme. A total of €7 million is being made available under this measure in 2021, with FCC receiving €260,000.
The following types of premises are considered eligible:
- Commercial, residential or unoccupied buildings in town and village centre locations as defined by the local authority
Eligible shopfront improvement works include painting, murals, signage replacement, storefront furniture, lighting, planting, as well as scaffolding and materials .
Grant funding will be provided at the following rates:
- 70% for Individual premises — matched funding 30%
- 80% for Joint applications (groups of 3 or more adjacent premises) — matched funding 20%
- 100%, where painting is undertaken by direct labour by applicant
The following procurement rules apply, as a minimum, to the individual projects funded:
- 2x contractor quotations
- 1 x materials quotation
- 3 written quotations for contractions above €5,000, as per National Procurement Guidelines
Successful applications will require both a completed application form and the required quotations.
Payment of the grant award will require:
- A photograph prior to the commencement of project
- A photo of completed project
- Evidence of payment, e.g. a bank statement extract showing transaction(s)
All works must be completed by Friday, 19 November 2021.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 14 September 2021 at 5pm.*
* The closing date has been extended by FCC from the original date of Tuesday, 7 September 2021.