Rush approved for €100,000 funding under the Streetscape Enhancement Measure 2022

Rush has been approved by the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD) as a nominated town to receive €100,000 funding under the Streetscape Enhancement Measure 2022.

Part of the Town & Village Renewal Scheme, the measure provides for works (e.g., painting, signage, shopfront repairs, greenery and lighting) to a number of individual properties in the town (whether commercial or residential) where there are at least three adjacent properties. Works to standalone buildings will only be considered if they are vacant and/or derelict.

The maximum allowable per building is €10,000, with separate maximum amounts for different measures such as painting, planting, lighting, etc.

The department will fund 80 per cent of each measure, with Fingal County Council (FCC) co-funding the remaining 20 per cent.

Expression of Interest (EOI) forms for property owners are now available to download here, with further information (including full terms and conditions) available on FCC’s official website.

The deadline for submission of EOI forms is Friday, 30 September 2022 at 12 PM. EOI forms and supporting documentation can be emailed to or posted to Local Development Section EETCD, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co Dublin, K67X8Y2.